Fellowship in Leadership
As a Fellow, you will develop your capacity for leadership and learn how to develop leadership in others. You’ll work collaboratively with program faculty and staff in an environment that fosters deep learning through experimentation, risk taking, academic inquiry and real-world problem solving.
For PhD students: The fellowship includes a $3,000 stipend funded by the Center for Leadership, The Graduate School, and the Office of the Provost.
Professional Staff: Find additional information about the Fellowship for staff here.
Benefits and Activities
During the academic year, you will:
- Participate in a yearlong workshop and seminar series on leadership and coaching, led by experienced practitioners and researchers
- Study the major theories, thinkers and frameworks of leadership and leadership coaching
- Learn how to effectively coach and develop others for leadership roles
- Receive personal coaching
- Learn how to assess leadership abilities, construct and monitor individual leadership development plans, and improve teamwork
- Serve as discussion leaders and teaching assistants in the fall-quarter “Paradigms and Strategies of Leadership” course.
- Coach undergraduate students during spring quarter
How to Apply
Download the PhD Fellowship Information Sheet and the PhD Data Sheet. The Information Sheet lists the documents and materials we require for your application as well as submission instructions. The deadline to submit for the 2017-18 Fellowship in Leadership is March 3, 2017 at 5:00pm.
You can attend a Fellowship in Leadership information session, held in the Seminar Room at 1813 Hinman Ave., Evanston, IL. Two information sessions will be made available this year:
- Monday, February 20 from 1pm-2pm
- Tuesday, February 21 from 4pm-5pm
If you have questions, please email Nick Raef or call in at 847.467.1367.